Let us build up a wall with word

Introduction

 The website we are introducing today is called Word Wall. It is a teaching game website specially designed for foreign language classrooms, with a special focus on vocabulary and sentence games.


How to use it

After entering the website for quick registration, we enter the background, click "create activity" and then use the website template to start making classroom games. The Word Wall website provides a total of 18 game templates for free users, each of which is very easy to use.


More funny examples of  can be seen from the following video.


The Pros

From the first time I discovered this site, I like it very much. For me, there is no con about Wordwall, just using inappropriate game style.  It helps me make over a dozen different simple and practical classroom games in a matter of minutes. Not only can you play online during class, but you can also print it out as homework paper and take it home, which is simply a little helper in the classroom!

The Con

For me, there is only one problem I think it would be better if they can make some change. It is that the font cannot be changed. And frankly, the font of Chinese characters is sort of ugly for me.

Any more info?

Games can be fun and lively, but they can't distract the teaching. One of the most important things for foreign language classes is to create different contexts to reproduce vocabulary. Therefore, in the process of playing the game, I often insert a large number of exercises to integrate with the process of the game.

For example, in the word random wheel game, whenever a student turns to a word, I will observe the student's reaction. If the mastery is not yet proficient, then I will immediately conduct some review questions and answers around this word to help students master it a little deeper.

The same goes for other games. Whenever I get a chance, I slow down the game and insert repeated practice into it. Games are just disguise, practice is the goal.

Comments